‘Indian diplomat yelled at my mother,’ says spy Kulbhushan in new video

The Pakistan Foreign Office has released another video statement from Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav, in which he has re-asserted he is still a commissioned officer of the Indian navy.
In his latest video statement, Jadhav has shared a message for the Indian public and government.
“I have to say one thing very important here, for the Indian public, Indian government and the Indian navy, that my commission is not gone. I am a commissioned officer in the Indian navy,” he re-asserts.
Jadhav goes on to state that he saw fear in his mother’s eyes when he met his family on December 25, which was arranged by Pakistan on humanitarian grounds.
Also read: Jadhav confessed he was spy before wife, mother: Indian media
Thanking Pakistan for arranging the meeting with his family, Jadhav says in the video that his mother was happy to see him healthy and well.
“The [Pakistan government] is taking care of me, my mother saw me.. she was happy to see me healthy and well. I thank Pakistan [for the meeting].”
Were they brought under threat?
“I saw fear in the eyes of my mother and my wife. Why should they be fear [sic]? Whatever has happened has happened. There shouldn’t be fear in the eyes of my mother and my wife. They’ve been threatened.
The Indian diplomat or the Indian person who had come along with my mother was shouting on [sic] my mother the moment she stepped out [of the meeting room]… (inaudible) was yelling at her.
Read more: Terrorist Jadhav’s meeting with wife, mother concludes
Has she been brought under threat here, to meet me? This gesture was a positive gesture so that she feels happy, I feel happy… and then the Indian diplomat or person standing outside [is] yelling at her?”
The meeting between Jadhav and his mother and wife, held on December 25 as a humanitarian gesture, lasted almost 40 minutes, the Pakistan Foreign Office said. Indian diplomats, including Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh, accompanied Jadhav’s family and were present during the meeting, which was conducted in a specially prepared room via an intercom through a glass partition.
India, however, claimed later that Pakistan did not adhere to the conditions of the meeting between Jadhav and his family.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj alleged that the meeting was used by Pakistan for propaganda and that his family was harassed.
ICJ proceedings
On April 10, 2017, Pakistan sentenced RAW agent Kulbhushan Jadhav to death for carrying out espionage and sabotage activities in Balochistan and Karachi.
In a reaction to the move, Pakistan’s relations with neighbouring India tensed, and New Delhi approached the ICJ to hear the case.
On May 18, the ICJ ordered Pakistan to halt the execution of Jadhav until a final decision was made in the proceedings.
India then moved the ICJ to give it six months to file pleadings in the case, which the United Nations’ judicial organ had turned down in June this year. Later, New Delhi submitted its memorial (arguments) to the ICJ on September 13.
Also read: Pakistan tests shoes of Jadhav’s wife for suspicious object
On December 13, Pakistan submitted its reply to the ICJ, dismissing India’s stance in the case of the convicted spy.
In its counter-memorial, Pakistan stated that Jadhav is not an ordinary person as he had entered the country with the intent of spying and carrying out sabotage activities.
The reply also stated that Jadhav, who was a serving officer of the Indian Navy, does not fall under the purview of the Vienna Convention.
The case remains sub judice.
Arrest, confession, sentencing
Jadhav alias Hussein Mubarak Patel, was arrested on March 3, 2016 in a ‘counter-intelligence operation’ from Mashkel area of Balochistan for his involvement in espionage and sabotage activities in Pakistan.
The incarcerated RAW agent, in his video statement, confessed to involvement in sabotage and espionage inside Pakistan, which has also been the crux of Islamabad’s case in the ICJ.
Read more:  Khawaja Asif rejects Indian criticism on Kulbhushan, family meeting
On April 10, a Field General Court Martial — under the Pakistan Army Act, 1952, and Official Secrets Act, 1923 — awarded death sentence to Jadhav for espionage and sabotage.
Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa ratified the sentencing by the army tribunal.
Jadhav has since been on the death row.