Naqeebullah killing case: SC forms new JIT, orders Rao Anwar to appear on Friday

The Supreme Court ordered on Tuesday the formation of a new joint investigation team (JIT) in the Naqeebullah killing case and ordered the primary accused, former Malir SSP Rao Anwar, to appear before it on Friday.
The three-member bench, headed by the chief justice, ordered police not to arrest Anwar and provide him security till the JIT completes its probe. 
The court also observed during the hearing that Anwar’s right to receive bail still stands. 
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar directed that a brigadier-rank official of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) and an official of the Intelligence Bureau will be part of the JIT.  
Earlier, the Sindh Inspector General of Police AD Khawaja was present in the Supreme Court as the hearing commenced.
Mehsud, a 27-year-old native of Waziristan was among three others who were accused of being terrorists and killed then-Malir SSP Rao Anwar in Karachi last month in what was later determined to be a fake encounter. 
Anwar and his police team have since gone into hiding, however, some have been arrested by the police.
At the last hearing of the case on February 1, the court issued notices to Director General ISI, Director General MI, Director General IB, interior secretary and all four home secretaries for today’s hearing. 
The apex court had granted an additional ten days to IG AD Khawaja to arrest suspended Malir SSP Rao Anwar. 
IG Khawaja had also requested assistance from intelligence agencies for Rao Anwar’s arrest.
The chief justice approved the request and directed the Inter-Services Intelligence, Military Intelligence and Intelligence Bureau to provide their “complete support” to the Sindh Police.
Following claims of innocence from Naqeebullah’s family, an inquiry committee was formed which cleared the deceased 27-year-old of any wrongdoing. 
An FIR was registered against Anwar and others in his raiding party. Since then, Anwar has been in hiding. 
On Monday (yesterday), the Karachi police claimed to have arrested constables Ali, Shafiq Ahmad and Ghulam Nazil, for their involvement in the killing. The suspects have been sent on a seven-day physical remand, confirmed investigation officer Abid Qaimkhani.