Fire reportedly causes couple’s death in Karachi’s Korangi locality

A couple was killed after a fire broke out in their house in Korangi No. 3 1/2 locality of the city late Wednesday night.
However, according to residents of the area, the couple’s death was not caused by the inferno but they were in fact murdered.
The initial reports by authorities had suggested that the couple had died due to smoke inhalation caused by the fire.
The fire also destroyed everything in the house.
The deceased couple has been identified as Shahid and Shamim.
Masood Khan, a relative of Shahid, claimed that the cause of death was not fire, but that they had been murdered earlier.
He added that the couple had been found with their necks slashed by a sharp object along with all their valuables missing from their house.
Further investigation is underway.