Sindh

Sindh govt’s move of declaring Rao Anwar’s house as sub-jail challenged

The father of Naqeebullah Mehsud has challenged in Sindh High Court the declaration of suspended SSP Rao Anwar’s house as a sub-jail.
Naqeebullah was a shopkeeper and an asipiring model who along with three others was killed in a fake encounter by Anwar and his subordinates.
While speaking to the media outside Sindh High Court on Tuesday, Saif-ur-Rehman, leader of Grand Jirga constituted to pursue Naqeebullah’s murder case, said they have challenged the Sindh government’s move of making Anwar’s house a sub-jail. He added the Singh government was trying to save Anwar’s back.
At a hearing held earlier in May, the court was informed by the government of a notification declaring the Multan Lines in Malir Cantt as a sub-jail.
Though the notification did not mention it explicitly, the location of the sub-jail is, in fact, Anwar’s own residence in the military cantonment, sources said.
As per the notification, the court ordered on April 21 that Anwar be shifted to Central Prison Karachi jail but due to security issues, the home department directed the jail’s inspector general to move him to Malir Cantt.
On Tuesday, Naqeebullah’s father Khan Muhammad also spoke to the media outside Sindh High Court saying they have neither forgotten their son nor would they compromise on his murder. “If Rao Anwar is an influential person then I am also a hard worker,” the father said.